Saturday, April 25, 2009

"dog days" of spring

so we went back to the dog park today. that puppy wasn't his usual self, in a good way. you see, in the past, he's spent the majority of his time looking over his shoulder to make sure i was within a forty foot radius of him at all times. he's never had a problem socializing, but the interaction lasts a few seconds, maybe a minute if the other dog is willing to chase him. so not the case today. he had no problem mingling, running, chasing, frolicking and any other type of interactive play that two or more dogs can casually engage in. there were a few times when he would loose me, and when he realized he couldn't find me he got a little worried. once when i was talking with a group he started looking for me, so i called him, which only made him frantic because he heard me, but he couldn't see me. finally i squatted down and opened my arms up while calling him. that silly boy nearly knocked my on my behind when he reached me. fun stuff!
here's one from when we first got to the park. riley's checking his peE-MAIL.
this was taken mili-moments after he did that whole ostrich/ elephant thing i wrote about a few days ago. he was showing off for his new friends.
"tag! you're it!"
this game lasted quite a while and a lap around the lake.
the part labrador retriever that doesn't swim. "look, mom! i can still touch!"
the part lab that doesn't swim with his new friend oscar... the rotti that doesn't swim. they were quite a pair. oscar and his lady were walking counter-clockwise while riley and i were slowly walking clockwise.there were lots of meetings like this.

2 comments:

Helen Hassel said...

It did not go unnoticed! I miss you! If you aren't working on Sunday, we're having Michael's 4th birthday party!!! I can't believe May 5th will be 4 years! Crazy!

brandi said...

actually, riley's birthday is on sunday, so i'll have to mail yet another one of your kids' presents. we kind of made plans. (oh yeah, my dad's is monday, so he'll have to partake in riley's family get-together at the same time)